This dessert is made with a french butter cake base, homemade lemon curd, and freshly whipped cream.
Top with fresh berries, or any other fruit you like. You can find my French Lemon Curd Recipe on my website and I also have a video on how to make it. I’ll leave links below this recipe.
RECIPE for French Lemon Cake
Servings: 10 slices
For the Butter Cake:
• 3 cups (290g) all-purpose Flour
• 1 tbsp (12g) Baking Powder
• 1 tsp (4g) fine Salt
• 1 cup (225g) Butter, room temperature
• 1 cup (200g) white Sugar
• 2 large Eggs (100g out of shell), room temperature
• 1 recipe French Lemon Curd (or use 2 1/2 cups of store-bought)
• 1/2 cup (120g) Heavy Whipping Cream
• 1 tbsp (8g) Powdered Sugar
• 1 cup (145g) fresh Strawberries*
• 1 lime for zest**
*You can also use other berries or fruits.
** If you don’t have a lime you can use lemon zest
Tools: Large bowl, medium bowl, 9 inch round cake pan, hand mixer with whisk attachment, whisk, silicon spatula, fine grater for zest, palette knife or butter knife, optional: piping bag with large star tip
For the Butter Cake:
1. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt, in a medium bowl, set aside.
2. In a large bowl mix butter and sugar together with silicon spatula until creamy, add in eggs and whisk until smooth. Add in all of the dry ingredients and mix with spatula until you get a thick cookie-like dough.
3. Butter a 9 inch round cake pan and line with parchment paper. Press dough inside with spatula, as evenly as possible, but don’t worry about making it perfect. Cover surface directly with clingfilm and chill for at least 1 hour or up to 3 days.
4. Preheat oven to 340ºF (170ºC). Bake for 40-45 minutes or until it’s golden brown all over and a skewer comes out with a few moist crumbs. Allow to cool completely to room temperature (as it cools the center will sink, this is normal).
For the Assembly:
1. Combine heavy cream and powdered sugar in a medium bowl, beat with hand mixer until you get stiff peaks. Transfer to piping bag with star tip, if you don’t have a piping bag you can just dollop on top.
2. Remove cake from pan and place on serving plate. Spread lemon curd on top leaving a 1 inch boarder on the edge clean. Pipe random dollops of whipped cream all over. Zest your lime all over the top.
Place your whole strawberries randomly all over (I like to leave the stems on for added color).
3. Serve or keep in fridge for up to 3 days.
French Lemon Curd Recipe on my website:
French Lemon Curd Video:
How to get Ingredients to Room Temperature Video:
For more recipes check out my WEBSITE:
Follow me on INSTAGRAM: